We Deliver Health Care Hospitality
If you value integrity, compassion and dedication you will find a home at St. Vincent Health. Here, our service-oriented culture extends to our patients, co-workers, stakeholders and care teams.
At St. Vincent Health we are agile, responsive, and family centric. Our progressive teams create an environment where our patients are treated as guests in our home. Service and caring thrive, smiles are appreciated and good attitudes are recognized.
We look forward to meeting you and inspiring unprecedented patient experiences together.
A Resilient People and Pioneering Heritage
Leadville, Colorado was founded in 1860 and is renowned for being one of the biggest, wildest, richest and longest-lived mining camps on the American frontier. That proud and rugged pioneering heritage lives on today, apparent in the creative, resilient and individualistic residents who choose to make their home in this extraordinary community. The neighboring community of Twin Lakes, Colorado boasts rustic charm and two large glacial lakes with views that will take your breath away.
A charming Victorian town of 3,000 people, Leadville is the main settlement in Lake County, population 7,700. Its altitude, at 10,152 feet above sea level, is a distinguishing factor, as well as its location in the geographic center of Colorado at the foot of the highest 14ers in the state (14ers are peaks in excess of 14,000 feet—there are 52 in Colorado). Leadville is 100 miles west of Denver and 128 miles northwest of Colorado Springs.
The primary industry in Leadville and Lake County is tourism, with mining a close second; the Climax Mine is 13 miles from Leadville and extracts molybdenum chemicals and metallurgical products.
Leadville and Lake County, Colorado are a Rocky Mountain Playground
Residents count the genuine nature of the community, the lack of crowds and traffic, the abundance of outdoor recreation, and the phenomenal scenic beauty as its attributes.
Quality of life is paramount for those who value Leadville’s unique character and amenities, with recently expanded Ski Cooper alpine ski area, Mt. Massive Golf Course, Twin Lakes, Turquoise Lake and hundreds of miles of summer and winter trails. The Leadville Race Series attracts endurance athletes from around the world for its epic biking and running events. Leadville has the highest airport in North America and is home to the Timberline Campus of Colorado Mountain College.
Snapshot of Lake County:
- City of Leadville population is 2,800, and Lake County is 7,392
- In 2021, the largest Lake County population segment was ages 25-44 and this represents 28 percent of the population. The next largest group is ages 45-64 and 24% of the population.
- 37 percent of Lake County residents are of Hispanic origin
- The 2021 median household income in Lake County was approximately $73,099
- Health insurance payer mix: Medicare/Medicaid: 25 percent, Commercial: 55 percent, Self-Insurance and other: 20 percent
- Lake County is approximately 70 percent public land
- 75 percent of Lake County residents in the work force commute to neighboring communities for work