The sleep study is one of the few diagnostic tests in the medical field that looks at, and compares, several different parameters at one time— airflow, respiratory effort, oxygen level, heart activity, muscle activity and snoring.
St. Vincent Health has partnered with Mobile Sleep Services, Inc. to offer sleep studies in Leadville. Sleep study results are the most accurate when they are performed at the altitude where the patient lives. The sleep study lasts six to eight hours with monitoring by a trained technician or respiratory therapist.
Your provider may recommend a sleep study if he or she suspects you have:
- Sleep apnea or another sleep-related breathing disorder.
- Periodic limb movement disorder, or involuntary flexion and extension of legs while sleeping. This condition is sometimes associated with restless legs syndrome.
- Narcolepsy, or excessive daytime sleepiness.
- REM sleep behavior disorder.
- Unusual behaviors during sleep like walking, moving around a lot or rhythmic movements.
- Unexplained chronic insomnia.
Your provider can order your sleep study at St. Vincent Health by using our form.
Or call St. Vincent Health for more information at 719-486-0230.