At St. Vincent Health, your doctor is in — though you could be virtually anywhere!
Joining a Virtual Telehealth Visit with a St. Vincent Provider
At St. Vincent, we use Athena Telehealth for our appointment portal. Below are step-by-step instructions or download the Telehealth patient guide Patient Handout – athenaTelehealth here.
Before your visit:
- 3 days before your visit you will receive your registration paperwork from Athena to verify your demographics information, sign consent forms and update any relevant information.
- You will be asked to provide your preferred phone number and email address. This is an important step to ensure you receive the link for your telehealth visit.
At the time of your visit:
- 15 minutes before your appointment you will receive an email and/or text from Phreesia to check in and receive the link for your telehealth visit.
- After clicking “Start Telehealth Session” you be asked to verify details of your appointment and will be placed in the virtual waiting room until the provider starts the session.
Athena Telehealth works on desktop and mobile via web browser. Browser requirements include:
- Google Chrome (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
- Microsoft Edge (chromium-based, version 79 and later), for Window
- Safari (version 12+) on macOS
- Firefox (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
- Google Chrome on android (latest three versions)
- Safari on iOS 12+ (This feature doesn’t support other browsers such as Chrome on iOS)